Monday, January 25, 2010

Better is a dinner of herbs.....

where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.  Proverbs 15:17

Well, I don't have a stall or an ox, but I do have some herbs that made it through the freeze.  So, I made dinner with my "harvest". 


Rosemary Roasted Potatoes

4 Large Yukon Gold Potatoes
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Kosher salt to taste
2-3 rosemary sprigs stems removed

Chunk up unpeeled potatoes and mix with everything else.  Spread onto a baking sheet and bake in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.  Stir once half-way through.  Smells wonderful and tastes just as good.

Lemon Balm and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts

2 TBS Crumbled Feta per chicken breast
2 Lemon Balm leaves per chicken breast
4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup Egg Beaters  or 2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs

Make a pocket in the chicken breast and stuff with the feta and herbs.  Dip in egg and roll in crumbs.  Spray with cooking spray and place in pan sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake at 400 degrees uncovered for 30 minutes. 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. NanaK,
    mmmm.mmmm. sounds so yummy. I'm a big fan of herbs... they make such a big difference in the way food taste.

    Also, wanted you to know (since you asked previously) I put up my list of survivors through the freeze over at http://centralfloridagardener.blogspot.com/ on Susan's post requesting our lists. I'm glad she did that... it made me have to think about it and get it on paper. Meems

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay, Love new recipes and fresh herbs DO make a big difference on taste. Thank you for sharing. Janis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for travelling down My Garden Path with me. I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment and share what is going on in your gardens.

NanaK